Foreign journalists in North Korea were told to prepare for a “big and important” event Thursday.
No details were provided about the event, including whether it was related to the current political climate, Reuters reports.
On Saturday, the U.S. sent a Navy carrier strike group towards the Korean peninsula to demonstrate force.
Calls for journalists to prepare for similar events have happened in the past, and have not resulted in anything major, according to Reuters.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive