Foreign journalists in North Korea were told to prepare for a “big and important” event Thursday.
No details were provided about the event, including whether it was related to the current political climate, Reuters reports.
On Saturday, the U.S. sent a Navy carrier strike group towards the Korean peninsula to demonstrate force.
Calls for journalists to prepare for similar events have happened in the past, and have not resulted in anything major, according to Reuters.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy