Richard Gere has friends in holy places.
The pair are so friendly that the Tibetan spiritual leader gifted Gere a traditional white scarf or “khata” which Kimmel pointed out that Gere promptly “regifted”.
The actor didn’t just pass on the scarf to just anyone though – he gave it to the Pope, when the two met. According to Gere the Pope was “very sweet” with the gift, reverently folding the scarf and passing it to his attendant.
“It wasn’t one of the better [scarves],” Gere joked.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out