Richard Gere has friends in holy places.
The pair are so friendly that the Tibetan spiritual leader gifted Gere a traditional white scarf or “khata” which Kimmel pointed out that Gere promptly “regifted”.
The actor didn’t just pass on the scarf to just anyone though – he gave it to the Pope, when the two met. According to Gere the Pope was “very sweet” with the gift, reverently folding the scarf and passing it to his attendant.
“It wasn’t one of the better [scarves],” Gere joked.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving