Richard Gere has friends in holy places.
The pair are so friendly that the Tibetan spiritual leader gifted Gere a traditional white scarf or “khata” which Kimmel pointed out that Gere promptly “regifted”.
The actor didn’t just pass on the scarf to just anyone though – he gave it to the Pope, when the two met. According to Gere the Pope was “very sweet” with the gift, reverently folding the scarf and passing it to his attendant.
“It wasn’t one of the better [scarves],” Gere joked.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time