Embattled Fox News host Bill O’Reilly announced on his show Tuesday evening that he will be taking a vacation, adding that he scheduled the trip “last fall.”
The break comes as dozens of advertisers have pulled their commercials from The O’Reilly Factor in the wake of a New York Times report that he and Fox News parent company 21st Century Fox paid a total of $13 million to settle sexual harassment claims. The company said Sunday that it would investigate a sexual harassment claim made by Wendy Walsh, a former regular guest on the show.
The latter allegation is reportedly being investigated by law firm Paul, Weiss. That’s the same company 21st Century Fox retained last summer to investigate former Fox News chairman Roger Ailes, who eventually left the company due to sexual harassment allegations.
O’Reilly is set to return on April 24, according to Variety.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time