Embattled Fox News host Bill O’Reilly announced on his show Tuesday evening that he will be taking a vacation, adding that he scheduled the trip “last fall.”
The break comes as dozens of advertisers have pulled their commercials from The O’Reilly Factor in the wake of a New York Times report that he and Fox News parent company 21st Century Fox paid a total of $13 million to settle sexual harassment claims. The company said Sunday that it would investigate a sexual harassment claim made by Wendy Walsh, a former regular guest on the show.
The latter allegation is reportedly being investigated by law firm Paul, Weiss. That’s the same company 21st Century Fox retained last summer to investigate former Fox News chairman Roger Ailes, who eventually left the company due to sexual harassment allegations.
O’Reilly is set to return on April 24, according to Variety.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Joseph Hincks at firstname.lastname@example.org