The film is to be based on the Rolling Stone article “Anonymous v.s. Steubenville,” and will reportedly focus on Lostutter’s life and role in the hacker collective Anonymous, The Hollywood Reporter reports.
Lostutter’s computer hacking resulted in revelations that ultimately contributed to charges being brought against high school football players who allegedly raped a 16-year-old girl. He also revealed what some believe was a cover-up on the part of local officials, including the school superintendent. Lostutter’s home was raided by the FBI and he is currently facing decades in prison over his actions.
Pitt and Plan B are riding high after winning a Best Picture Oscar for 12 Years a Slave.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out