The film is to be based on the Rolling Stone article “Anonymous v.s. Steubenville,” and will reportedly focus on Lostutter’s life and role in the hacker collective Anonymous, The Hollywood Reporter reports.
Lostutter’s computer hacking resulted in revelations that ultimately contributed to charges being brought against high school football players who allegedly raped a 16-year-old girl. He also revealed what some believe was a cover-up on the part of local officials, including the school superintendent. Lostutter’s home was raided by the FBI and he is currently facing decades in prison over his actions.
Pitt and Plan B are riding high after winning a Best Picture Oscar for 12 Years a Slave.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time