The first trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi — the upcoming eighth installment in the galaxy far, far away saga — debuted at Star Wars Celebration in Orlando Friday, offering fans a highly-anticipated glimpse at what’s to come when the film premieres later this year.
The action-packed preview was shown during The Last Jedi panel of the four-day convention — following Thursday’s “40 Years of Star Wars” opener — and featured Luke training Rey in the ways of the Force at the site of the first Jedi temple on the planet of Ahch-To.
Director Rian Johnson and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy were joined by “surprise guests” Daisy Ridley (Rey), John Boyega (Finn), Mark Hamill (Luke) and BB-8 for the session.
A panel focused specifically on Mark Hamill — which may shed further light on Luke’s role in Episode VIII — will take place Sunday, April 16 at 1 p.m.
The Last Jedi hits theaters Dec. 15, 2017.
Watch the trailer above.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up