The first trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi — the upcoming eighth installment in the galaxy far, far away saga — debuted at Star Wars Celebration in Orlando Friday, offering fans a highly-anticipated glimpse at what’s to come when the film premieres later this year.
The action-packed preview was shown during The Last Jedi panel of the four-day convention — following Thursday’s “40 Years of Star Wars” opener — and featured Luke training Rey in the ways of the Force at the site of the first Jedi temple on the planet of Ahch-To.
Director Rian Johnson and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy were joined by “surprise guests” Daisy Ridley (Rey), John Boyega (Finn), Mark Hamill (Luke) and BB-8 for the session.
A panel focused specifically on Mark Hamill — which may shed further light on Luke’s role in Episode VIII — will take place Sunday, April 16 at 1 p.m.
The Last Jedi hits theaters Dec. 15, 2017.
Watch the trailer above.
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement