The first trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi — the upcoming eighth installment in the galaxy far, far away saga — debuted at Star Wars Celebration in Orlando Friday, offering fans a highly-anticipated glimpse at what’s to come when the film premieres later this year.
The action-packed preview was shown during The Last Jedi panel of the four-day convention — following Thursday’s “40 Years of Star Wars” opener — and featured Luke training Rey in the ways of the Force at the site of the first Jedi temple on the planet of Ahch-To.
Director Rian Johnson and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy were joined by “surprise guests” Daisy Ridley (Rey), John Boyega (Finn), Mark Hamill (Luke) and BB-8 for the session.
A panel focused specifically on Mark Hamill — which may shed further light on Luke’s role in Episode VIII — will take place Sunday, April 16 at 1 p.m.
The Last Jedi hits theaters Dec. 15, 2017.
Watch the trailer above.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time