This year, don’t be surprised when a celebrity, or even your sibling, unveils the newest member of their family is named Tatjana or Kyd. According to Nameberry, these are the trendiest baby names for 2017.
RELATED: This Is the Most Timeless Boys’ Name
The site, which is an online resource for baby name research, released a list of 50 names that surged in popularity for the first month of the year. The names are listed in order of percent change in page views on the site—these were the names people searched for and looked at the most. So, while you will see more Sophias and Emmas born this year, there’s a very good chance there will be a Moana or Ines enrolling alongside them in preschool.
Take a look at the top 10 girls’ and boys’ names for 2017 below and head to Nameberry to see the other 30 names.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org