In a now-viral tweet that Phillippe posted on Sunday, the actor wrote in emphatic all caps that he was “NOT DATING KATY PERRY,” in an effort to call off the paparazzi, who he claimed were flying helicopters over his house because of rumors that he was keeping company with the “Chained to the Rhythm” singer.
Perry, for her part, took the rumors in stride, offering a humorous response on Monday night that dismissed any rumors of a romantic entanglement and poked fun at the ridiculous situation.
Which led to some playful Twitter banter between the two…
So while the two are definitely not dating, their witty repartee on the web shows that there could be some potential for a great Twitter friendship.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time