In a now-viral tweet that Phillippe posted on Sunday, the actor wrote in emphatic all caps that he was “NOT DATING KATY PERRY,” in an effort to call off the paparazzi, who he claimed were flying helicopters over his house because of rumors that he was keeping company with the “Chained to the Rhythm” singer.
Perry, for her part, took the rumors in stride, offering a humorous response on Monday night that dismissed any rumors of a romantic entanglement and poked fun at the ridiculous situation.
Which led to some playful Twitter banter between the two…
So while the two are definitely not dating, their witty repartee on the web shows that there could be some potential for a great Twitter friendship.
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year