The auction will take place on April 27-28, following performances of the musical Ryan Raftery Is the Most Powerful Woman In Fashion, which stars Ryan Raftery and parodies Wintour’s decision to place Kim Kardashian and Kanye West on the cover of Vogue. The show originally premiered three years ago, but was revived by Raftery after President Donald Trump rolled back bathroom guidelines for transgender students.
In an interview with V Magazine, Raftery described Wintour’s decision to donate her sunglasses to the auction, which also includes a $1,000 gift certificate for the men’s clothing store Bergdorf Goodman, as “thrilling.” He added: “I’m very happy that the proceeds will benefit this organization so dear to me and necessary to thousands of LGBT youth across the country.”
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time