“It was time to say ‘enough,’ but not only say it – it was time to act,” Haley told the council. “Bashar al-Assad must never use chemical weapons again. Ever.”
Haley had insinuated in earlier remarks on Wednesday that the United States might act unilaterally because of the horrors inflicted by the chemical attack in Khan Sheikhoun that killed dozens.
Here are Haley’s full remarks.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time