“It was time to say ‘enough,’ but not only say it – it was time to act,” Haley told the council. “Bashar al-Assad must never use chemical weapons again. Ever.”
Haley had insinuated in earlier remarks on Wednesday that the United States might act unilaterally because of the horrors inflicted by the chemical attack in Khan Sheikhoun that killed dozens.
Here are Haley’s full remarks.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow