The annual blooming of the flowers is celebrated around the world in events like Washington D.C.’s National Cherry Blossom Parade, where attendees can get an up-close look at the gorgeous blossoms. But for a more ethereal view of the springtime icon, check out these aerial photographs recently captured in various provinces throughout China.
This year, from March 15 to April 14, Shanghai is holding its 7th annual Cherry Blossom Festival, where breathtaking images of the flowers within Gucun Park were photographed from above.
Drone cameras also took pictures in several regions throughout the country, including a symbolic composition of a heart-shaped rest area surrounded by pink cherry blossoms in Nanchang County, located in the southeastern Chinese province of Jiangxi.
Scroll through the slideshow to enjoy a gallery of Chinese cherry blossom trees.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve