The annual blooming of the flowers is celebrated around the world in events like Washington D.C.’s National Cherry Blossom Parade, where attendees can get an up-close look at the gorgeous blossoms. But for a more ethereal view of the springtime icon, check out these aerial photographs recently captured in various provinces throughout China.
This year, from March 15 to April 14, Shanghai is holding its 7th annual Cherry Blossom Festival, where breathtaking images of the flowers within Gucun Park were photographed from above.
Drone cameras also took pictures in several regions throughout the country, including a symbolic composition of a heart-shaped rest area surrounded by pink cherry blossoms in Nanchang County, located in the southeastern Chinese province of Jiangxi.
Scroll through the slideshow to enjoy a gallery of Chinese cherry blossom trees.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time