President Trump called on “all civilized nations” to help end the “slaughter and bloodshed” in Syria as he announced that the U.S. had launched a military strike.
Speaking from his Mar a Lago club in Florida, Trump told reporters that he had approved a “targeted military strike” on an airfield in Syria from which a chemical attack was launched on civilians earlier this week.
“It is in this vital national security interest of the United States to prevent and deter the spread and use of deadly chemical weapons,” he said.
Read a full transcript of his remarks.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer