The reclusive fitness mogul Richard Simmons, back in cultural consciousness due to the popular podcast Missing Richard Simmons, has inked a new deal with a company to take on his licensing, merchandising and endorsements.
With the deal, Prominent Brand + Talent now plans to expand on Simmons’s current lineup, which has sold more than $1.5 billion in merchandise, trade publication License Global reported.
Simmons signed the deal with Prominent partly because of the popularity of Missing Richard Simmons, which explored his abrupt disappearance from public life and his friends’ lives without explanation in 2014, according to his longtime manager Michael Catalano. The show aired its final episode on March 20.
“And a lot of that has been in the licensing group area,” he said.
It is unclear whether Simmons will emerge into public life again to promote his products.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out