Who’s suffering from the most stress in America? People in Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi, according to surveys and federal data, analyzed by personal finance website WalletHub.
People in those states generally had higher divorce rates and lower credit scores, and even got less sleep than people in the least stressed states. Analysts looked at 33 key indicators to calculate stress levels. Other metrics include the availability of affordable housing, median incomes and health measures like physical activity and the share of adults diagnosed with depression.
The least stressed state was Minnesota, followed by North Dakota and Iowa. The states with lower stress levels were largely grouped in the upper Midwest and Northwest.
See how your state fared:
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now