Speaking to CBS News in an interview that aired Wednesday, Trump defended herself against accusations of complicity with the administration of her father, U.S. President Donald Trump. “I don’t know what it means to be complicit,” she told interviewer Gayle King.
“If being complicit is wanting to be a force for good and to make a positive impact, then I’m complicit,” she added.
Read a full transcript of the interview below.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science