Move over pineapple, there’s a new controversial pizza topping dividing the Internet — and this time, it’s seasonally appropriate.
Just in time for Easter, a troublemaker by the name of Austin Braun debuted a photo on his Twitter account of a cheesy pizza adorned with gooey, melting Peeps — you know, those sugary, technicolored marshmallow candy in the shape of baby chicks that somehow finds their way into Easter baskets and dioramas every year. Alongside the photo, which possibly coincided with April Fools, Braun included the caption, “This > pineapple pizza.”
As might be expected, Twitter had plenty of feelings and opinions on the matter and took to the Internet to share them all.
There were many who found the idea of a Peeps-za downright disgusting.
But surprisingly enough, there were others who were here for Peeps on pizza.
And others who were just glad that it wasn’t more pineapple on pizza pies.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.