Move over pineapple, there’s a new controversial pizza topping dividing the Internet — and this time, it’s seasonally appropriate.
Just in time for Easter, a troublemaker by the name of Austin Braun debuted a photo on his Twitter account of a cheesy pizza adorned with gooey, melting Peeps — you know, those sugary, technicolored marshmallow candy in the shape of baby chicks that somehow finds their way into Easter baskets and dioramas every year. Alongside the photo, which possibly coincided with April Fools, Braun included the caption, “This > pineapple pizza.”
As might be expected, Twitter had plenty of feelings and opinions on the matter and took to the Internet to share them all.
There were many who found the idea of a Peeps-za downright disgusting.
But surprisingly enough, there were others who were here for Peeps on pizza.
And others who were just glad that it wasn’t more pineapple on pizza pies.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms