Unfortunately for the Oscars, it doesn’t seem as though people are going to forget about this year’s infamous Best Picture gaffe anytime soon — especially if the Academy of Country Music Awards has anything to say about it.
While presenting the award of Song of the Year at Sunday night’s ceremony, Nancy O’Dell and David Copperfield parodied Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty’s cringeworthy envelope mixup by announcing Emma Stone in La La Land as the winner of the category.
“Uh, this is odd,” O’Dell joked after taking a peek at the mislabeled card.
Watch the full clip below.
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year