Since she was introduced to us nearly 20 years ago as Posh Spice, Victoria Beckham has been known for not smiling, with Beckham showing a straight if severe face to the public instead. The Spice Girl explained her signature scowl in an interview with T Magazine in 2013, when Beckham explained that she smiles in family portraits but not for the paparazzi.
“When you’re in a position to be paparazzi-ed just walking down the street,” she said. “You’d look a little daft if you were smiling all the time.”
However, it looks like Beckham is willing to poke some fun at her serious visage for a hilarious fashion statement. Spotted at LAX on Tuesday, Posh sported a t-shirt that wryly declared “Fashion Stole my Style.”
This isn’t the first time that Beckham has used her subtle sense of humor to address her non-smiling; during Vogue’s 73 Questions“,” she told the publication that she was “smiling on the inside. I feel that I have a responsibility to the fashion community.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow