In an interview with Refinery 29, Ramsay revealed his serious distaste for airplane food.
“There’s no f—ing way I eat on planes,” Ramsay said. “I worked for airlines for ten years, so I know where this food’s been and where it goes, and how long it took before it got on board.”
Another renowned culinary personality shares a similar sentiment. Last year, Anthony Bourdain said that he “never” eats airline food despite frequently traveling to sample exotic meals in No Reservations and Parts Unknown.
“No one has ever felt better after eating plane food,” Bourdain told Bon Appetit. “I think people only eat it because they’re bored. I don’t eat on planes. I like to arrive hungry.”
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022