In an interview with Refinery 29, Ramsay revealed his serious distaste for airplane food.
“There’s no f—ing way I eat on planes,” Ramsay said. “I worked for airlines for ten years, so I know where this food’s been and where it goes, and how long it took before it got on board.”
Another renowned culinary personality shares a similar sentiment. Last year, Anthony Bourdain said that he “never” eats airline food despite frequently traveling to sample exotic meals in No Reservations and Parts Unknown.
“No one has ever felt better after eating plane food,” Bourdain told Bon Appetit. “I think people only eat it because they’re bored. I don’t eat on planes. I like to arrive hungry.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time