Getting people interested in virtual reality gear is tricky. It’s pretty much impossible to convey the VR experience without some hands-on time. So what’s a marketer to do?
Samsung’s been pretty good at finding clever ways to advertise around that problem. Its Gear VR holiday ad showed a bunch of people trying the headset for the first time, presenting what’s really a single-user experience as a family affair.
Now, for its latest go, Samsung went Full Weird, featuring a CGI ostrich who dons the headset to achieve the ultimate dream of any flightless bird. The idea? In VR, anything can be possible.
You can watch Samsung’s latest Gear VR ad above. For more about Samsung’s new Galaxy S8 and S8 phones, click here.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement