Getting people interested in virtual reality gear is tricky. It’s pretty much impossible to convey the VR experience without some hands-on time. So what’s a marketer to do?
Samsung’s been pretty good at finding clever ways to advertise around that problem. Its Gear VR holiday ad showed a bunch of people trying the headset for the first time, presenting what’s really a single-user experience as a family affair.
Now, for its latest go, Samsung went Full Weird, featuring a CGI ostrich who dons the headset to achieve the ultimate dream of any flightless bird. The idea? In VR, anything can be possible.
You can watch Samsung’s latest Gear VR ad above. For more about Samsung’s new Galaxy S8 and S8 phones, click here.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve