Getting people interested in virtual reality gear is tricky. It’s pretty much impossible to convey the VR experience without some hands-on time. So what’s a marketer to do?
Samsung’s been pretty good at finding clever ways to advertise around that problem. Its Gear VR holiday ad showed a bunch of people trying the headset for the first time, presenting what’s really a single-user experience as a family affair.
Now, for its latest go, Samsung went Full Weird, featuring a CGI ostrich who dons the headset to achieve the ultimate dream of any flightless bird. The idea? In VR, anything can be possible.
You can watch Samsung’s latest Gear VR ad above. For more about Samsung’s new Galaxy S8 and S8 phones, click here.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time