A team of firefighters in Iowa can now count six newborn babies among its ranks.
Six volunteer firefighters at the Mediapolis Fire Department have welcomed six babies over the past seven months. The rapid-fire births were a coincidence, Captain Troy Garrison—who became a father to a daughter named Emma four months ago—told ABC News.
“We didn’t have a plan to do this,” Garrison added. “But I think the stars just kind of aligned and the timing for us individually as families just worked out.”
The new parents make up six of the 25 firefighters at the station. They brought their new babies together for the first time for a photo shoot of the children, featuring baby firefighter apparel that firefighter Adam Welp’s wife made from “some old retired gear” during her maternity leave, ABC reports.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate