President Donald Trump faulted Democrats on Friday over the failure of the Republican health care bill.
House Republicans withdrew the bill Friday, when it became clear they lacked the votes for it to pass — a blow to their promise to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act.
“Perhaps the best thing that could happen is exactly what happened today, because we’ll end up with a truly great health care bill in the future after this mess known as Obamacare explodes,” Trump said.
Read the complete transcript of Trump’s remarks from the Oval Office:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space