The President had top White House officials deliver a message on Thursday night that if a vote is not conducted on Friday, Trump’s administration will move on and Republicans will be “stuck with Obamacare.” A number of GOP lawmakers oppose the health care replacement bill, dubbed the American Health Care Act, but Trump has made clear that he is confident in the proposed bill, which would be his first major legislative achievement if passed.
“After seven horrible years of ObamaCare (skyrocketing premiums & deductibles, bad healthcare), this is finally your chance for a great plan!” Trump tweeted on Friday morning.
A vote is expected by late Friday afternoon. You can watch it live above.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now