The House is expected to vote on the proposed Obamacare replacement bill on Friday, after a vote on Thursday stalled and President Donald Trump issued an ultimatum to House leaders.
The President had top White House officials deliver a message on Thursday night that if a vote is not conducted on Friday, Trump’s administration will move on and Republicans will be “stuck with Obamacare.” A number of GOP lawmakers oppose the health care replacement bill, dubbed the American Health Care Act, but Trump has made clear that he is confident in the proposed bill, which would be his first major legislative achievement if passed.
“After seven horrible years of ObamaCare (skyrocketing premiums & deductibles, bad healthcare), this is finally your chance for a great plan!” Trump tweeted on Friday morning.
A vote is expected by late Friday afternoon. You can watch it live above.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction