The President had top White House officials deliver a message on Thursday night that if a vote is not conducted on Friday, Trump’s administration will move on and Republicans will be “stuck with Obamacare.” A number of GOP lawmakers oppose the health care replacement bill, dubbed the American Health Care Act, but Trump has made clear that he is confident in the proposed bill, which would be his first major legislative achievement if passed.
“After seven horrible years of ObamaCare (skyrocketing premiums & deductibles, bad healthcare), this is finally your chance for a great plan!” Trump tweeted on Friday morning.
A vote is expected by late Friday afternoon. You can watch it live above.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve