President Trump will speak Friday morning about the Keystone XL pipeline.
The Trump Administration issued a presidential permit to TransCanada to build the Keystone XL pipeline, which had been halted under the Obama Administration. The State Department said it decided building the pipeline serves U.S. interests, according to the Associated Press, which is the opposite conclusion it reached under President Obama.
The controversial pipeline will carry oil from Canada to refineries in Texas.
White House press secretary Sean Spicer announced on Twitter that Trump would speak about the Keystone pipeline at 10:15 am ET. You can watch the live stream above.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out