President Trump will speak Friday morning about the Keystone XL pipeline.
The Trump Administration issued a presidential permit to TransCanada to build the Keystone XL pipeline, which had been halted under the Obama Administration. The State Department said it decided building the pipeline serves U.S. interests, according to the Associated Press, which is the opposite conclusion it reached under President Obama.
The controversial pipeline will carry oil from Canada to refineries in Texas.
White House press secretary Sean Spicer announced on Twitter that Trump would speak about the Keystone pipeline at 10:15 am ET. You can watch the live stream above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement