An 18-year-old is recovering from broken bones and scarring after he jumped into crocodile-infested waters in northern Queensland, Australia, to impress a young female backpacker.
Shortly after entering the water, Lee De Paauw, was – unsurprisingly – attacked by a crocodile. The predator bit down on one of his arms and attempted to take him under, but fortunately De Paauw managed to fend the creature off and escaped relatively unscathed.
“I punched it in the snout and on my second hit I got it straight in the eye and then it let go,” he told 9 News Perth. When asked how he would describe his actions, De Paawu simply said: “Stupidity.”
Sophie Paterson, the woman Du Paauw was attempting to impress, compared the incident to the blockbuster movie Jaws. “You’ve seen Jaws,” she said. “It was kind of like that. There was a lot of blood, a lot of bone, it was pretty horrendous.” Watch the full clip below.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space