An 18-year-old is recovering from broken bones and scarring after he jumped into crocodile-infested waters in northern Queensland, Australia, to impress a young female backpacker.
Shortly after entering the water, Lee De Paauw, was – unsurprisingly – attacked by a crocodile. The predator bit down on one of his arms and attempted to take him under, but fortunately De Paauw managed to fend the creature off and escaped relatively unscathed.
“I punched it in the snout and on my second hit I got it straight in the eye and then it let go,” he told 9 News Perth. When asked how he would describe his actions, De Paawu simply said: “Stupidity.”
Sophie Paterson, the woman Du Paauw was attempting to impress, compared the incident to the blockbuster movie Jaws. “You’ve seen Jaws,” she said. “It was kind of like that. There was a lot of blood, a lot of bone, it was pretty horrendous.” Watch the full clip below.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up