In the wake of the third day of Neil Gorsuch’s confirmation hearings to become a Supreme Court justice, Republicans and Democrats have blamed each other for partisanship on the committee. But it was the Republicans who Seth Meyers slammed for their attitude toward President Donald Trump’s nominee.
Following “A Closer Look” at the ongoing investigation of the Trump team’s potential ties to Russia and the president’s false wiretapping claims, the Late Night host dissected the cheerful demeanor of several GOP senators throughout Gorsuch’s testimony.
“Republicans were probably so giddy during the hearings because they knew they were getting away with one of the greatest thefts in modern politics, the stealing of a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court from President Obama,” Meyers said. “And on top of that they got a conservative nominee who’s shared very little about his actual views.”
Watch the full clip above.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer