British foreign minister Tobias Ellwood tried to save the police officer who was fatally stabbed outside the Houses of Parliament on Wednesday.
A blood-spattered Ellwood, who serves as the UK Minister for the Middle East and whose brother died in the 2002 terror attack in Bali, can be seen performing CPR on the officer in some photos of the incident. The officer’s identity has not yet been released.
Ellwood’s actions were praised on social media as photos from the scene began to emerge:
Four people, including the police officer and one man believed to be the attacker, died in the incident. Police said at least 20 people were injured.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time