Around the same time on Westminster Bridge, near parliament, a vehicle struck several people, leaving one woman dead and several others with “catastrophic” injuries, officials said.
Until proven otherwise, London police are treating the incident as a terrorist attack, London Mayor Sadiq Khan said in a statement.
“The Metropolitan Police Service is dealing with the incident and urgent investigation is underway. My thoughts are with those affected and their families,” Khan said in his statement, which he posted on Twitter.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working