Around the same time on Westminster Bridge, near parliament, a vehicle struck several people, leaving one woman dead and several others with “catastrophic” injuries, officials said.
Until proven otherwise, London police are treating the incident as a terrorist attack, London Mayor Sadiq Khan said in a statement.
“The Metropolitan Police Service is dealing with the incident and urgent investigation is underway. My thoughts are with those affected and their families,” Khan said in his statement, which he posted on Twitter.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate