President Donald Trump will deliver the first commencement address of his White House tenure at Liberty University in Virginia, the largest Christian university in the world.
“I look forward to speaking to this amazing group of students on such a momentous occasion,” Trump told CBN News‘ David Brody. “Our children truly are the future and I look forward to celebrating the success of this graduating class as well as sharing lessons as they embark on their next chapter full of hope, faith, optimism, and a passion for life.”
Liberty’s 2017 commencement will be held on Saturday, May 13.
It’s not the first time Trump will visit the university: He was a convocation speaker in 2012, and again as a Presidential candidate in 2016. During the 2016 convocation, he referred to a bible passage as “Two Corinthians” instead of the correct pronunciation, “Second Corinthians.”
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement