When it comes to socially conscious and preternaturally good looking world leaders, Canadian prime minister and certified dreamboat Justin Trudeau might have some new competition from none other than Jesse Klaver, a progressive young politician from the Netherlands that some are dubbing the “Dutch Trudeau.”
While Klaver, known to his Green Left supporters as “the Jessiah,” says he wants a more “centre-left government” so he might not be on the same political page as Trudeau. But there’s no denying that the two share an uncanny resemblance to one another with rakish good looks and similar tousled hairstyles.
The 30-year-old Klaver, a Green Left political leader, is running for prime minister in the Netherlands; his party recently clinched a victory of an additional 10 seats in the Dutch parliament, bringing their total to 14.
“I’m very jealous of Trudeau’s muscles, because I’m not as muscled as he is,” he joked.
That didn’t stop the Internet from sounding off on the resemblance, however, resulting in plenty of memorable memes.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time