Beyoncé’s mother, Tina Knowles Lawson, recently took to Instagram to share her daughter’s thoughts on “corny joke time,” a recurring video segment which routinely racks up at least 90,000 views. (Previous jokes include “What do you call a fake noodle? An Im-Pasta!” and “What do lawyers wear to court? They wear lawsuits!”)
“You know, Beyoncé was telling me the other day that I shouldn’t do corny jokes all the time,” Lawson said in her latest video, noting in the caption that her daughter poked fun at her for filming multiple jokes at a time to share over several days. “I told her when you get my age, you gotta find your light. So if you find some good light, you’re supposed to take advantage of it. So yeah, I film quite a few in one spot so I could have them, but it’s okay. I’m 63. What can I say?”
With a million followers, Lawson shares everything from her daughters’ childhood photos to snaps of Beyoncé and Solange winning Grammys the same year.
[H/T W Magazine]
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction