President Donald Trump on Wednesday spoke at a rally in Nashville, Tenn., where he responded to a new ruling by a federal judge in Hawaii placing a nationwide restraining order on his revised travel ban.
Trump criticized the ruling as “an unprecedented judicial overreach.”
“You don’t think this was done by a judge for political reasons, do you? No,” he said to applause. “This ruling makes us look weak, which, by the way, we no longer are. Believe me.”
Read Trump’s full remarks from the rally, where he also spoke about the Republican health care plan:
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science