Top Marine Gen. Robert Neller told senators he intends to solve issues in the Marines that prompted former and current Corps members to share nude photos of female service members online without their permission.
Neller directly addressed female Corps members, and asked them to trust Marine leadership to “take action and correct this problem.”
“I ask you to trust me personally as your commandant and when I say I’m outraged that many of you haven’t been given the same respect when you earn the title Marine,” he said.
Read his full remarks below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction