Alec Baldwin returned to Saturday Night Live as President Trump to enact how the Commander-in-Chief might react in the event of an alien invasion.
While addressing soldiers in charge of saving the world from deadly aliens, SNL’s Trump was still in campaign mode — promising to bring back coal, complaining about his feud with NBC, and insisting many “really top-shelf, classy people” people had died at his destroyed Trump Hotel in New York City.
After a military officer, played by cast member Kenan Thompson, informed Trump that “everyone in California is dead,” he jumped onto the most pertinent concern: that his Apprentice rival Arnold Schwarzenegger was gone. “Even Arnold?” Baldwin asked.
Baldwin also used the address to talk about policy on undocumented immigrants.
“The aliens are already here, they’ve been hiding in this country for hundreds of years,” he said. “They’re shape-shifters, they look like regular people but they’re aliens.”
He then pointed out Leslie Jones and Sasheer Zamata as aliens. “Look, there’s one right there,” he said.
Watch the sketch above.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time