Strikes take many forms, from the hunger strikes of suffragists like Alice Paul to specific industry strikes, like the one of black cotton pickers led by Fannie Lou Hamer in 1965. In honor of International Women’s Day and the Women’s Strike, here are six quotes from women who knew a thing or two about striking:
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving