While the Harry Potter alum didn’t give away the name of his character, he provided a description of the role. “I’m a maester, an archmaester. I’m an old professor character,” he told ScreenCrush during a recent interview.
He also divulged that he’s in five of the season’s seven episodes and has filmed scenes with Samwell Tarly (John Bradley), who viewers last saw arriving at the Citadel in Oldtown to begin training as a maester.
This information seems to confirm the suspicions of Reddit users who predicted Broadbent would appear as Marwyn the Mage—an unconventional archmaester with a deep connection to magic and the supernatural.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer