In an Instagram posted to his account, the 23-year-old comedian talked about his decision to quit drugs after using them for eight years in the caption of the photo, while thanking his fans and followers for their love and support.
“I quit drugs and am happy and sober for the first time in 8 years,” he wrote. “It wasn’t easy, but I got a great girl, great friends and I consider myself a lucky man.”
Davidson, SNL’s youngest cast member, has spoken openly about his drug use in the past. In an interview with High Times in 2016, Davidson talked about how he used marijuana to manage pain from his Crohn’s disease, going so far as to say he “wouldn’t be able to perform on SNL if I couldn’t smoke weed!”
See Davidson’s full Instagram post below.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time