Although Jimmy Kimmel wasn’t directly involved in the Oscars envelope mix-up that resulted in La La Land being announced as Best Picture instead of Moonlight, the host was privy to the immediate aftermath of the blunder.
During an appearance on Thursday’s episode of The Bill Simmons Podcast, the late night pundit gave a play-by-play breakdown of what happened backstage, detailing his reaction to the gaffe.
Kimmel also spoke about how blame was wrongly assigned to Beatty before the incident was cleared up.
Read more at TheRinger.com.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time