Although Jimmy Kimmel wasn’t directly involved in the Oscars envelope mix-up that resulted in La La Land being announced as Best Picture instead of Moonlight, the host was privy to the immediate aftermath of the blunder.
During an appearance on Thursday’s episode of The Bill Simmons Podcast, the late night pundit gave a play-by-play breakdown of what happened backstage, detailing his reaction to the gaffe.
Kimmel also spoke about how blame was wrongly assigned to Beatty before the incident was cleared up.
Read more at TheRinger.com.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow