President Donald Trump’s first broad-ranging speech to a joint session of Congress on Tuesday touched on topics from healthcare reform to domestic crime to terrorism. For some, it offered a sign that he could learn from the role. But naturally, the internet—being the internet—had many strong feelings and laughs about Trump’s stances, reacting to the mood in the room, the background looks of Vice President Mike Pence and Speaker Paul Ryan, and the response of the Democrats and political pundits in the aftermath of the speech. Below, a roundup of some of the funniest reactions.
There were also some pointed jokes about the official Democratic response.
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year