Affleck has faced criticism over sexual harassment claims two female former colleagues made against him in 2010 in separate lawsuits that have since been settled. On Sunday night, many viewers were outraged, arguing that his Oscar trophy condoned his alleged misbehavior and sexism in Hollywood.
The 41-year-old Affleck, who is the younger brother of actor Ben, discussed the allegations a few times during awards season. In an interview with the Boston Globe published Tuesday, he said: “There’s really nothing I can do about it, other than live my life the way I know I live it and to speak to what my own values are and how I try to live by them all the time.” He added, “I’m pretty proud of all the things Ben’s done, and I’m incredibly proud of the fact the Academy honored me in this way.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow