The cinematic twist during the ceremony’s final moment stunned millions, but most importantly, the famous people had feelings. So at the precise moment when all eyes were on the stage for the awkward transition, the LA Times captured a who’s who of reactions. There’s something for everyone in this historic photograph because the expressions ran the gamut from bewildered to wincing and far beyond.
Ever the expressive dramatist, David Oyelowo looked like he might have been in disbelief. The Rock looked as if the apocalypse happened. Matt Damon’s eyebrows wordlessly communicated everything you can’t. His pal, Ben Affleck looked to his right, not knowing what to do while Salma Hayek appeared to cringe and freeze. Oscars veteran Meryl Streep prepared to go in full crisis mode.
But there’s no debating that Busy Phillips and Michelle Williams had the best looks on their faces. Mouths agape, the standard awards show companions were very much stunned.
See the photo below.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was