Oxford Dictionaries has added 300 new words to its officially recognized collection, including millennial favorites such as “yas,” “cat lady” and “squad goals.”
The online reference guide often updates its language to reflect the vocabulary of the times, and this expansion was no exception. In a blog post, Oxford noted that many of the new words are popular terms in food, fitness and party culture, such as the Thai dish “pad kee mao,” “fitspo” and “drunk text,” respectively.
Here’s a selection from the latest update, according to the Oxford blog post:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement