Texas Sen. Ted Cruz predicted that the Supreme Court will have another open seat by this summer.
In an on-stage interview at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference, the Republican Senator predicted that there might be another opening on the nation’s high court soon.
“This summer, I think we’ll have another Supreme Court vacancy,” he said.
Cruz did not explain the remark and conservative commentator Mark Levin, who was conducting the interview, did not ask a follow-up question.
The U.S. Senate is currently considering President Trump’s nomination of federal Judge Neil Gorsuch to replace the late Justice Antonin Scalia. If confirmed, Gorsuch would keep the court’s conservative balance in place.
If a liberal justice or swing Justice Anthony Kennedy were to leave the court, however, Cruz predicted there would be a tough fight with Democrats over a replacement.
Cruz said that Senate Democrats are scared of angry voters on the left, calling their base “bat crap crazy.”
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer