Ivanka Trump just took her daughter on one very memorable educational field trip.
On Wednesday, Ivanka Trump posted an Instagram of herself standing with her five-year-old daughter Arabella in front of the Supreme Court revealing that they had attended a hearing that morning. “I’m grateful for the opportunity to teach her about the judicial system in our country firsthand,” reads the photo’s caption.
The first daughter and granddaughter were at the court as invited guests of Justice Anthony Kennedy, CNN reports. The duo listened to a technical case examining the question: “Do Arbitration Agreements between Nursing Homes and Patients Violate Public Policy or are they enforceable under the Federal Arbitration Act.”
The teaching moment comes a few weeks after Ivanka Trump’s father, President Donald Trump, called the U.S. legal system “broken” and criticized judges who opposed his executive order on immigration.
The order was issued at the beginning of this month and suspended the entry of all refugees to the United States for 120 days, barred Syrian refugees indefinitely, and blocked U.S. entry for citizens of seven predominantly Muslim countries for at least 90 days.
This article originally appeared on Fortune.com
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now