President Trump has a habit of talking about his Electoral College win at inappropriate moments, but his reference on Wednesday was perhaps the most unexpected.
The scene: A joint press conference with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. An Israeli reporter asked a straightforward question about “a sharp rise in anti-Semitic incidents across the United States” since his election.
Here’s how Trump responded:
At least one Democratic lawmaker criticized Trump over his response.
Trump previously raised eyebrows when he talked about his campaign win while speaking in front of a CIA memorial to fallen intelligence officers.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022