President Trump has a habit of talking about his Electoral College win at inappropriate moments, but his reference on Wednesday was perhaps the most unexpected.
The scene: A joint press conference with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. An Israeli reporter asked a straightforward question about “a sharp rise in anti-Semitic incidents across the United States” since his election.
Here’s how Trump responded:
At least one Democratic lawmaker criticized Trump over his response.
Trump previously raised eyebrows when he talked about his campaign win while speaking in front of a CIA memorial to fallen intelligence officers.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time