President Trump has a habit of talking about his Electoral College win at inappropriate moments, but his reference on Wednesday was perhaps the most unexpected.
The scene: A joint press conference with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. An Israeli reporter asked a straightforward question about “a sharp rise in anti-Semitic incidents across the United States” since his election.
Here’s how Trump responded:
At least one Democratic lawmaker criticized Trump over his response.
Trump previously raised eyebrows when he talked about his campaign win while speaking in front of a CIA memorial to fallen intelligence officers.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears