If there’s a world leader overripe for parody, it’s President Donald Trump. This was not lost on the funny people of Malta, who seized the opportunity to get in on the satirical Trump video trend that’s been spreading around the world.
In this “America First” spoof, Malta invites Trump to prioritize the country second in a tonally sarcastic video shared to Twitter by EverySecondCounts. This one, created by Lovin Malta and V Squared according to the YouTube description, brings you all the hallmarks of the original Dutch parody as well as some bold claims about the region’s great-tasting potatoes and all the other ways the Maltese are already making their country great. A joke about Maltesers? It’s in there.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow