Hawaii and Arizona have long opted out of observing Daylight Saving Time. States like Illinois and Michigan have considered staying on standard time year-round, while states like Florida and New Mexico have considered staying on Daylight Saving year-round, according to the Washington Post.
Opponents to the semiannual time change say switching the clocks causes sleep disruption that can contribute to spikes in workplace accidents, stress-induced health risks, traffic and decreased productivity.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time