Facebook videos will soon start automatically playing with sound as you scroll through your News Feed, the company announced Tuesday.
Mercifully, the videos won’t play with sound if you have your phone set to silent. But if you’d like to stop them from automatically playing sound altogether, Facebook is offering an option to do that as well.
First, click the three-line icon in the bottom-right hand corner of the Facebook app.
Then, tap “Settings.” Next, hit “Account Settings.” Then tap “Sounds.”
There, you should see an option to turn off “Videos in News Feed Start With Sound.”
Note that the change is rolling out gradually, so you might not see the appropriate setting just yet. But when you start getting videos with auto-playing sound in your feed, you should get the setting to mute them as well.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com