She shared a tweet by Philippe Reines, a former Clinton aide who played Trump during debate prep. “What goes around COMETS around,” Reines said, referencing a false conspiracy theory that Comet Ping Pong, a Washington D.C. pizzeria, was harboring a child sex abuse ring run by Clinton.
Flynn’s son, Michael Flynn Jr., spread the Comet Ping Pong conspiracy on social media and was fired from Trump’s team. When Flynn Sr. resigned on Monday, Reines suggested he look into a job at Domino’s — “given your pizza obsession.”
“Philippe’s got his own way of saying things, but he has a point about the real consequences of fake news…” Clinton said.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out