She shared a tweet by Philippe Reines, a former Clinton aide who played Trump during debate prep. “What goes around COMETS around,” Reines said, referencing a false conspiracy theory that Comet Ping Pong, a Washington D.C. pizzeria, was harboring a child sex abuse ring run by Clinton.
Flynn’s son, Michael Flynn Jr., spread the Comet Ping Pong conspiracy on social media and was fired from Trump’s team. When Flynn Sr. resigned on Monday, Reines suggested he look into a job at Domino’s — “given your pizza obsession.”
“Philippe’s got his own way of saying things, but he has a point about the real consequences of fake news…” Clinton said.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up