She shared a tweet by Philippe Reines, a former Clinton aide who played Trump during debate prep. “What goes around COMETS around,” Reines said, referencing a false conspiracy theory that Comet Ping Pong, a Washington D.C. pizzeria, was harboring a child sex abuse ring run by Clinton.
Flynn’s son, Michael Flynn Jr., spread the Comet Ping Pong conspiracy on social media and was fired from Trump’s team. When Flynn Sr. resigned on Monday, Reines suggested he look into a job at Domino’s — “given your pizza obsession.”
“Philippe’s got his own way of saying things, but he has a point about the real consequences of fake news…” Clinton said.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve