Google has created a series of Valentine’s Day–themed Doodles as Feb. 14 gets closer, but love isn’t the only thing adorning the search giant’s front page these past few days.
The Doodles for Feb. 11, 12 and 13 — all of which turn into an interactive game upon clicking — feature a pangolin looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for its mate. The pangolin, also known as the scaly anteater, is the world’s only scaly mammal, according to Google.
All eight species of pangolins are endangered by a thriving trade of poaching and smuggling. It is the world’s most trafficked animal, with more than 1 million taken from their natural habitats to be eaten or used in traditional Chinese medicine.
Upon clicking each Doodle, Google users will be led to a game, where a love-struck pangolin must collect different elements to make the perfect Valentine’s gift to its love — cocoa beans on the first day, musical notes on the second, and ribbons for lanterns on the third.
Google released the series of Doodle, called “Pangolin Love,” in association with the WWF, which has set up a dedicated web page to highlight efforts to conserve the scaly mammal.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time