Google has created a series of Valentine’s Day–themed Doodles as Feb. 14 gets closer, but love isn’t the only thing adorning the search giant’s front page these past few days.
The Doodles for Feb. 11, 12 and 13 — all of which turn into an interactive game upon clicking — feature a pangolin looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for its mate. The pangolin, also known as the scaly anteater, is the world’s only scaly mammal, according to Google.
All eight species of pangolins are endangered by a thriving trade of poaching and smuggling. It is the world’s most trafficked animal, with more than 1 million taken from their natural habitats to be eaten or used in traditional Chinese medicine.
Upon clicking each Doodle, Google users will be led to a game, where a love-struck pangolin must collect different elements to make the perfect Valentine’s gift to its love — cocoa beans on the first day, musical notes on the second, and ribbons for lanterns on the third.
Google released the series of Doodle, called “Pangolin Love,” in association with the WWF, which has set up a dedicated web page to highlight efforts to conserve the scaly mammal.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State