Katy Perry is back in a big way with a new single and a chic blonde look. But as the “Chained to the Rhythm” singer walked the red carpet at the Grammy Awards Sunday night, Perry snuck in some unexpected remarks referencing Britney Spears and her famously public breakdown.
In not one but two different interviews on the red carpet, Perry threw shade at her fellow pop star, mentioning that she took time for her own mental health over the last year—and that her break from producing pop hits has gone well for her.
“I haven’t shaved my head!” she said. In another interview, she made light of her ever-changing hair color and said that the only look she has yet to try is to cut it all off. Britney fans were not here for her jokes, and quickly took to Twitter to chastise Perry for making light of mental health.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror