Katy Perry is back in a big way with a new single and a chic blonde look. But as the “Chained to the Rhythm” singer walked the red carpet at the Grammy Awards Sunday night, Perry snuck in some unexpected remarks referencing Britney Spears and her famously public breakdown.
In not one but two different interviews on the red carpet, Perry threw shade at her fellow pop star, mentioning that she took time for her own mental health over the last year—and that her break from producing pop hits has gone well for her.
“I haven’t shaved my head!” she said. In another interview, she made light of her ever-changing hair color and said that the only look she has yet to try is to cut it all off. Britney fans were not here for her jokes, and quickly took to Twitter to chastise Perry for making light of mental health.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart